The Scientific Principles in our Approach
To achieve the value-add for our clients, our approach is based on 3 primary principles
We Follow a Wellness Approach
The Wellness approach provides our clients with the ability and skills to embrace life and develop a balanced lifestyle that decrease the chances of relapse and allow them to thrive.
- Wellness does not indicate the absence of illness but rather encourages an integration of mind, body and spirit so that a sense of balance and harmony in life is experienced that supports wellbeing.
- Developing a wellness lifestyle will provide clients with the opportunity to revitalize and re-energize themselves so that they can continue to thrive in the face of ongoing external & internal challenges of life, preparing them to cope with the changes that tomorrow inevitably brings.
- Medical conditions are not a one-dimensional phenomenon. Chronic medical conditions not only affect an individual’s occupations but also their physical, social, psychological and spiritual wellbeing. A wellness lifestyle hence does not require one to be free of all stress or medical conditions in order to thrive.
- Getting rid of sadness, anxiety, anger, etc. does not produce a happy person, it leaves a person empty. Hence focusing on building skills that improve relationships, enhance meaning and engagement in life and produce more positive emotions becomes important.
We follow a Client-Centred Approach
To support and enhance the Wellness approach, we have a client-centred focus that ensures that our clients are at the centre of decisions which relate to their life and we collaborate with them to effect change and decrease the chances of relapse.
- We utilise the individual’s own unique resources for self-understanding and personal abilities to work on self-awareness, attitudes and behavior that promote and support healing. This ensures (buy-in) participation from the clients that yields results sooner and can foster permanent change.
- Our aim is to understand each client’s unique wants and needs to live their own, personally defined, quality life, and then to provide the support needed to achieve personal goals.
We utilise Experiential Learning
Our daily program utilise the principles of experiential learning – the process whereby knowledge is created through the transformation of experience.
Experiential learning assists clients in making sense of- and internalizing information that is given to them, hence it consolidates knowledge shared that could result in permanent change.
There are many benefits of experiential learning, including:
- Opportunity to immediately apply knowledge.
- Improve motivation.
- Opportunity for reflection. This is a very valuable tool because people retain information better when they can be mindful and aware of what’s happening to them.
- Simulating the “real world” in practice in a safe environment
Some of the tools we use that contributes to change
We DO NOT believe in a one size fits all approach and hence offer specialised, separate programs for mental health related conditions as well as addiction challenges seeing that it requires different approaches and skill sets.
Both our mental health and addiction recovery programs are aligned with this, utilising Experiential learning.
Our approach instills accountability and taking responsibility for one’s own choices and subsequent consequences