Creates a safe and comfortable environment to identify work related and personal obstacles in building a wellness culture
Redefine your Wellness Culture within your business.
Enable employees to manage their own wellness to optimize work performance
Building tailormade Key Performance Indicators
Creating a culture of taking responsibility and being accountable
Building a Wellness Culture
– Monthly information sessions
– Monthly Feedback sessions
– Individual sessions as needed
– Continuum Support
– Bi-Annual Wellness Day
– Personality assessment
– Grow Model
– Team Building
– Intervention sessions
– Establishing a new Wellness Culture
– Support Sessions
– Individual sessions as needed
– Feedback sessions
Sober Living Program
– 12 x Sessions
What is the impact of Mental Illness in the Workplace?
- Work is good for Mental Health, but the cost of presenteeism – those being at work while struggling with Mental Health challenges – has the most significant impact and equates to a loss of 4.23% of the country’s GDP.
- In South Africa, employees are very likely to keep working while struggling with these Mental Health related challenges, impacting their productivity and performance at work. This can be due to fear of losing their jobs, being ostracised from colleagues, or lack of Mental Health knowledge, not understanding why they are going through a spell of periods of not being well.
- Even those who take a sick day here and there because they are not mentally capable to deal with their responsibilities at work, are in essence self-diagnosing and their perceived coping mechanism will draw negative attention. In addition, they could be losing out on the support structure offered by their employer, putting their career and relationship with colleagues at risk.
- The economic impact of substance abuse on employers amounts to millions of Rands annually in South Africa. Substance abuse by employees on-site and/or off-site inevitably results in decreased productivity, work errors, wasted materials and tardiness, all of which translate into massive losses each year.
- Although depression (except in severe, chronic, and debilitating cases) is not a disability, it can cause impairment at work and have an impact on typical daily life activities such as sleeping, working, concentrating, regulating emotions, or caring for oneself and family.
- Harassment and bullying at work are commonly reported problems and can have a substantial adverse impact on Mental Health.
- There are many effective actions that organisations can take to promote Mental Health in the workplace.
Many companies do not have the resources or infrastructure to assist employees struggling with Mental Health challenges or substance abuse, thus these essential employee wellness services can be outsourced to companies such as ours.
Designing and managing an employee wellness program as an important step in improving the health and productivity of employees and potentially lowering the overall cost of employer provided healthcare services.
Benefits of offering Employee Wellness Support to staff:
- Lowering healthcare costs
- Reducing absenteeism
- Achieving higher employee productivity
- Reducing injuries
- Improving employee morale and loyalty
- Reducing worker’s compensation and disability related costs
Mondia Health defines its purpose as a company that makes it possible for people to live meaningful and fulfilled lives in spite of the everyday challenges they may experience.
Mondia Health offers various services in Mental Health and Substance Abuse Disorders. Our team consists out of psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers, nursing staff and counsellors.
We see clients on a daily basis admitted as in-patients at our facilities, struggling with work related stresses and challenges. Many of these, if picked up and handled earlier could have prevented admission. We are passionate about helping people to thrive in their environment instead of just survive and see the gap for taking hands with corporate companies to invest in their people. Although in-patient treatment is sometimes indicated, it does come with the added stressors of finances and time away from family and work. It also has a negative impact on the employer and fellow employees; thus, prevention IS better than cure.
Organizations have a legal responsibility to the welfare of their staff regarding Mental Health, but also to assist when they may struggle with substance abuse. However, the fact that many employees in South Africa don’t report their Mental Health conditions to their employer due to fear of losing their job is rather worrying.
At Mondia Health, both our Mental Health and substance abuse programs is aligned with a Wellness philosophy. This model is a holistic manner of looking into and treating a person as a whole. The dimensions of wellness include the following:
- Emotional – Coping effectively with life and having satisfying relationships.
- Physical – Recognising the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep.
- Social – To develop connection, belonging and a support system.
- Occupational – To experience personal satisfaction and enrichment from your work.
- Financial – To be satisfied with your current and future financial situation.
- Environmental – To be able to create or find pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being.
- Spiritual – To have a sense of purpose and meaning in life.
- Intellectual – To recognise your abilities and to find ways to grow your knowledge and skills.
Our approach instills accountability and taking responsibility for one’s own choices and subsequent consequences.
It is our goal to support your company and its employees by promoting opportunities and guidance which enables employees to engage in effective management of their own wellbeing. We strive to enable the employer to achieve all objectives of the company by placing value on the employees.
To enhance the employment value proposition by means of promoting a culture of individual health and over all company wellness we would like to hereby request an opportunity to collaborate with you around an initial Awareness Campaign for your employees at no charge.